Monday, January 30, 2012

Email. Sms. and. the. Novelty. Handwritten. Letters.

Yesterday was AJL night and i dont give a fuck.


I remember back in 1999, I was among the lucky one to enjoy the internet. Owning an Email was something to be proud back then. My first email was *_anglez@hotmail.com. Not ANGEL, heavenly angel but ANGLE, bucu meja. D:
.. now I have 5 active email including one costume made email, @tidusyuna.com .

Every email that pop into my inbox was more then enough to make me blast with joy. Forward email was my favorite. I even received an email from The Prince of Nigeria!! Unaware that it was a scam, I politely decline his highness offer saying that Im too young to be involve with political event.

I'm 12 and what is this?


Time passed by...

No more anonymous love letters in random unexpected places. A simple yet annoying sms "hi, bley berkenalan" is replaced. We can no longer determine, who really has the guts to express their feeling or a chicken hiding behind a sms.
Wedding card are replaced with facebook picture tag and facebook event. Aint sure if the poster is actually really inviting or doesnt give a fuck who come or not.
Raya card used to be a vital part of festive decoration but now, who the hell would print out facebook picture tag,email or sms and decorate it around the house?
'Karangan surat tak rasmi' used to be a reasonable lesson to be learn back then. You may drop this syllabus now,Mr Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and replaced it with "penulisan blog".
Pen pal barely exist but the amount of attention whores are over 9000.
Stamp collection is now an exotic hobby. Even stamps from banks& bills are replaced with rubber stamp.

I missed the old time.
Perhaps a letter could cheer me up. :P



P/s: PM Najib is the one responsible for PTS back in 1996!! fuu! U utterly ruin my childhood by implementing such an irrelevant exam for minor!



2 comments:

Raimi Nuruddin said...

Haha, good old days. I sabotage a few love letters, but some I kick-start 'em. They all seems to go trough me o.O

I had a pen-pal, we knew each other trough Kuntum. It was cute, until I start to devote to games. =_=

I didn't write love letters, but I wrote love stories (with real people I love incorporated in them) and often released to public by douchebags. I don't mind, its such a romantic story but damn do they not like it :p

p/s: I wonder how the Prince of Nigeria is doing now. I wonder if anyone finally helped him out?

YuNaKu3 said...

haha! I love love letters!! I'll read them over and over again as if there's nothing more gayer then twilight.

Love stories.. nice one!! Send me a sample plz! :P.
I used to draw my own manga. I even add stories about MTG in it too! XD

I miss my penpal too! :(
Why not you be my penpal! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...